Ideal male chest contouring should strive to create an armor plate look. The armor plate appearance requires a flat, but strong look with straight lines and a pentagonal shape.
The male chest denotes strength by virtue of a dominant upper armor plate chest that is contrasted on a more sleek lower abdomen. This masculinized appearance is depicted by a flat yet bold contour created by straight lines and strong borders.
High definition liposuction of the chest can be optimized by following guidelines that attempt to accentuate the pentagonal shape with straight lines. Surgical algorhythm has been simplified using notations of “+” where intramuscular fat is added, “-” where fat is to be removed, and “0” where no manipulation is required.
- “+” zone (Require intramuscular fat grafting)
- Lateral oblique line
- Inferior horizontal line
- Medial vertical line
- Medial oblique line
- “-” zone
- Periareolar tissue which includes a combination of discoid and fatty tissues
- “0” zone (Requiring no manipulation)
- Infraclavicular triangle – keep as concavity
- Upper medial central – usually flat – keep as such
To accentuate bold straight lines also requires liposuction contouring around the periphery of the chest proper and this includes:
- The inferior line is accentuated by creating an infra-pectoral groove, upper aspect of upper rectus belly
- Medial vertical and oblique lines are accentuated by defining the sternal line centrally.
- Lateral oblique line accentuated by coring out the lateral chest armpit area
High Definition Liposuction Male ChestHD Lipo Article