There are several critical elements to VASER liposuction that makes it the ideal fat harvesting modality when it comes to Brazilian Buttocks Lift. The advantages of fat collected using the Vaser liposuction include:
- The fat initially collected in sterile canisters demonstrates a high fat to blood content. This is because the Vaser liposuction system allows for melting of the fat off of adjacent nerves and vessels. Subsequently vessels are less likely to be injured resulting in less blood products being leaked out of vessels and being removed during the liposuction process. Intuitively, there is a safety advantage of minimizing blood loss that is in the favor of all surgical patients. Interestingly, blood products contain pro-inflammatory inducers felt to be protective in nature such as causing pain (i.e. if you were to be cut you would want to know !), but these pro-inflammatory products have a detrimental effect on fat cells as well. Overall, Vaser liposuction obtained fat provides richer fat content which is cleaner and healthier than other harvested fat.
- The fat collected by Vaser liposuction is more of a puree in consistency and void of lumpiness. This is because Vaser liposuction melts the fat into a butter consistency that provides a smoother medium to use minimizing risk of contour irregularities. Imagine whether a sculptor would prefer smooth puddie or one that has chunks and non-uniform in consistency to make his sculpture. The same advantage is conveyed to your contouring surgeon when Vaser liposuction is used.
- Vaser liposuction allows for twice as much fat to be collected when compared to traditional liposuction techniques. Fat volumes removed are routinely twice as much as harvested by traditional techniques. This has a dramatic advantage for two subset of patients. The first subset of patients who can take advantage of this include those patients desiring maximum filling of the buttocks, often asking for the bubble butt. With VASER liposuction, Brazilian buttocks patients can expect routine butt fat transfer volumes of > 1000 cc per buttocks cheek. More exciting advantage of Vaser liposuctions is the ability to offer thinner patients the ability to achieve successful Brazilian buttocks lift results. Patients are seen routinely at our center who have previously been told that they are a poor candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but they are counselled regarding increase harvest volumes of Vaser liposuction and guided to achieve beautiful BBL results. If you are athletic and/or lean, you can still be an excellent candidate for BBL!
- Vaser collected has been shown to have 96% survivability based on scientific studies conducted by one of the contouring physician experts, Peter Reuben M.D. What this means is that the fat being transferred into your buttocks has a higher chance of survivability as when compared to other modalities. What this means for you is improved long term BBL outcomes.
- The ability to perform closed loop buttocks fat transfer is probably one the most important advantages of Vaser Lipo to Brazilian buttocks lift. Closed loop transfer describes a superior system of fat extraction and subsequent injection back into the body that allows two advantages:
a.) Elimination of fat exposure to the outside air as it remains in sealed and sterile canister. This minimizes any risk of contamination and potential infection to the patient.
b.) Minimizes the time the fat is out of the body. The allusion to consider is a fish out of water; the fish is literally suffocating once taken out of the water. The similar effect occurs to fat cells that have been removed from the body. We feel that the quicker the fat can be processed and returned back to the body, the higher likelihood of it living. The closed loop system allows for routine transfer of 1000cc of fat per cheek in a matter of 5 to 10 minutes rather than hours!
In order to take advantage of the closed loop system, it is necessary to have fat medium that is fine and smooth so that it ensure its seamless delivery through the smaller gauged, sealed tubes. Unfortunately, traditional fat medium is semisolid and clumpy that gets stuck in the currently available fat transfer tubes. In contrast, Vaser liposuction allows for automated fat removal, processing, and delivery back to the body via the Closed Loop Fat transfer system.