Practice Description Headline:
What If Your Cosmetic Surgeon Could See The Potential Beyond Your Skin? As "the body architect" and musculoskeletal engineer, Dr. Cyr is able to enhance the body’s structure safely and accurately.
For nearly 20 years, Dr. Cyr focused his practice on the delicate art of spine surgery. As an Orthopaedic Surgeon and Mayo Clinic trained spine surgeon, he has gained a reputation for correcting complex conditions of the musculoskeletal system and spine. Orthopedic surgeons are THE musculoskeletal experts. Their training enables them to understand the anatomy, the origin and insertion, the shape, and the function of the muscles, unlike any other surgeon.
Coupling Dr. Cyr’s unparalleled understanding of the body’s musculoskeletal anatomy with formal training in liposculpture and cosmetic surgery, he was able to increase the anatomic accuracy and precision of current techniques and develop a new approach referred to as OrthoSculpting. Fat is taken from the body based on a person’s natural anatomical structure under the skin, which Dr. Cyr has been specifically trained to see because of his extensive Orthopaedic training and knowledge.
- Anatomically-Accurate Mid and High Definition Liposculpture
- World’s First Fellowship-Trained Orthopaedic AND Cosmetic Surgeon
- Achieve your body’s natural potential by uncovering what is already there
Steven J. Cyr, M.D., F.A.A.O.S.
CYRx MD Cosmetic Surgery
12238 Queenston Blvd Ste A, Houston, TX 77095
8401 Datapoint Drive, Suite 700, San Antonio, TX 78229
Please fill out this form to get the surgeon's information
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with extensive training and experience in the science of Spine Surgery. Specializes in complicated spine conditions and has gained worldwide notoriety for successful repairs of failed surgeries on patients from across the globe.
Board Eligible/Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
Received top honors at Southwest Texas State University by graduating Summa Cum Laude and Valedictorian with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Gained early acceptance into medical school and earned medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. Began service with the United States Air Force with a transitional internship at Wilford Hall Medical Center as a flight surgeon prior to residency training in orthopedic surgery at Wilford Hall.
Education & Training
General Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship, Beauty MDs/Dr Wilbur Hah, president, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, Texas Cosmetic Surgery Society, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 2019-2021.
Spine Surgery Fellowship, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, 2003-2004
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, 1999-2003
Flight Surgeon/Primary Care Staff Physician, Active Duty HMO, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, 1997-1999
Transitional Internship, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX 1996-1997
M.D. University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 1996
B.S. Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 1993
Major: Biology, Summa Cum Laude/Valedictorian
Affiliations & Achievements
- #1 Orthopaedic Surgeon in the US, RateMDs
- #1 Facility in Texas, RateMDs
- Top doctor, US News, and World Report
- Alumnus of the Year- University of Texas Medical School San Antonio 2016
- Top Orthopaedic Surgeon- Castle Connolly 2015, 2016, 2017
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor
- Patient Choice Award, Vitals
- Compassionate Doctor Award, Vitals
- Named top 10 Orthopaedic Surgeons in San Antonio- America’s Top 10
- Finalist Healthcare Heroes Award 2014
- Nspire Award – Nside Magazine 2013
- Named Leading Spine Surgeons of the World- 2010 Meritorious Service Medal- USAF 2009
- Roy N. Davis Award for Outstanding Orthopaedic Research, 2003
- Air Force Clinical Surgeon’s Research Award, 2003
- Provider of the Quarter, Jan-Mar 1998, Active Duty HMO
- Outstanding Intern rating, Wilford Hall Medical Center: Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, OB/GYN, General Surgery, 1996-1997
- Medical School Honors in: Orthopaedic Surgery, Cardiothoracic surgery, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Family Practice, Medicine, Neurology, Infectious disease, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Psychiatry, Physical Diagnosis, Pediatrics, Pharmacology
- Academic Excellence Award, Minority Medical Student Association, 1996
- Voted “Best Clinical Practitioner” by medical school classmates, 1995
- Health Professions Scholarship, 1992-1996
- Combined B.S. The program, Summa Cum Laude, SWT, 1993
- General Honor’s Program/Dean’s List 1989-1992
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 1990-1992
- Alpha Chi Honor Society for the Sciences, 1990-1992
- Named Outstanding Student-Athlete, SWT Varsity Football, 1990
- Academic Excellence Award, 1989
- Tomas Rivera Scholar, 1989
- Presidential Scholar, 1989