Introduction: Liposuction of Hips Before and After
Liposuction of hips before and after photographs are best appreciated by looking at the BBL before and after photographs when viewed from the back. This is because the before and after buttock images will demonstrate improvement in buttock shape that is achieved by not only augmenting mid-buttock volume but also by filling the lateral hip region. Liposuction of hips before and after is most affected by the addition of fat in the mid-buttock region and simultaneous liposuction of the lateral thighs and flanks.
Defining the hip region
In order to appreciate the full spectrum of liposuction of hips before and after we must first define the hips. The hips refer to a region that extends from the flanks down to the thighs. Thus, addition of mid butt fullness is appreciated by fullness in the central lateral hip region. Once the lateral hip has been filled, then liposuction above and below the mid hip in the areas of the flanks and lateral thighs must be performed to create a smooth transition between the narrowed waistline and lower legs. This approach to hip contouring is critical to establishing the hourglass shape.
Evaluating hip liposuction before and after
In summary, liposuction of lateral hips before and after is best judged by buttock images observed from the back. Please enjoy these buttock augmentations with liposuction of hips before and after photographs presented below.
[Please include BBLs from behind]
BBL Revision Cases highlight liposuction of hips before and after
Perhaps the most dramatic presentation of liposuction of hips before and after involves BBL revision cases. As we serve as a specialty center for treating unsatisfied BBL patients, we have witnessed a large number of patients who have been provided hip shapes that they are not happy with. Using the BBL assessment tool allows patients to choose the BBL of their dreams. These BBL changes are best appreciated by looking at the maximum prominence of the hips that are routinely altered to the patients to meet the goals of the patient’s preferences.
The main focus of this blog is liposuction of the hips. However, it is important to understand that the amazing results you see result from sculpting the entire body in a 360-degree fashion. When the waist is narrow, the butt is full, the hip dip is gone, and the tummy pops. It all comes together for the WOW result you and your surgeon both want to see.
Why Do People Get Liposuction on Their Hips?
There are a few main reasons individuals choose to get liposuction on their hips, including:
- To get rid of stubborn, exercise-resistant fat deposits on the hips and flanks
- To create more proportionate curves by reducing saddlebags and love handles
- To attain an hourglass figure by making the waist appear slimmer
- To achieve a sleeker contour so clothing fits better and looks more flattering
Women in particular tend to store more fat on the hips and outer thighs as they age. Liposuction is highly effective at removing these genetically determined fat pockets that do not respond to diet and exercise alone.
Who is a Good Candidate For Hip Liposuction?
The ideal candidates for liposuction of the hips are:
- Close to their ideal body weight but have disproportionate fat on hips and flanks
- Non-smokers in good physical health
- Individuals with good skin elasticity
- Those with clearly defined fat bulges that want to be reduced
- People with realistic expectations for results
It is important to be at a stable weight before considering liposuction. The procedure is meant for body contouring, not significant weight loss. Good candidates should follow a healthy lifestyle but still have stubborn fat they want to be removed.
As the [American Society of Plastic Surgeons notes], the best liposuction results are achieved in patients with localized fat deposits and little sagging skin.
What Happens During Hip Liposuction?
During hip lipo, your plastic surgeon will:
- Mark the areas to be treated while you stand upright
- Infuse a medicated fluid to minimize bleeding and discomfort
- Make small incisions near the treatment areas
- Insert a cannula to dislodge and suction out excess fat deposits
- Repeat this process to carefully sculpt the hips, flanks, and any other areas being treated
Local or general anesthesia is used so you do not feel any pain. The procedure usually takes one to two hours depending on the number of areas being treated. Your surgeon may utilize tumescent liposuction, laser lipo, ultrasound lipo or other advanced techniques.
What is Recovery Like After Hip Liposuction?
Immediately after hip liposuction, you will experience:
- Swelling, bruising, discomfort and numbness
- Wearing a compression garment for several weeks
- Avoiding strenuous activities for 2-4 weeks
- Returning to non-physical work within a few days
- Taking medications to relieve pain and prevent infection
As your body heals over the next few months, swelling will subside and you will see your improved contours. Most patients are back to normal activities within 2-3 weeks.
Conclusion: Liposuction of hip before and after Results
The results of hip liposuction can completely transform this area:
- Volume reduction immediately makes the hips appear slimmer and the waist more defined
- The silkier, smoother contours allow clothing to drape better
- Your figure appears more proportionate and feminine or athletic
- Fatty bulges and saddlebags are eliminated so the hips are streamlined
- Over 90% of liposuction patients report positive changes and high satisfaction