Advantages of VASER Liposuction for BBL Results
There are several critical elements to VASER liposuction that make it the ideal fat harvesting modality when it comes to Brazilian Buttocks Lift. The advantages of fat collected using the Vaser liposuction include:
- The fat initially collected in sterile canisters demonstrates a high fat-to-blood content. This is because the Vaser liposuction system allows for the melting of the fat off of adjacent nerves and vessels. Subsequently, vessels are less likely to be injured resulting in less blood products being leaked out of vessels and being removed during the liposuction process. Intuitively, there is a safety advantage of minimizing blood loss that is in the favor of all surgical patients. Interestingly, blood products contain pro-inflammatory inducers felt to be protective in nature such as causing pain (i.e. if you were to be cut you would want to know !), but these pro-inflammatory products have a detrimental effect on fat cells as well. Overall, Vaser liposuction obtained fat provides richer fat content which is cleaner and healthier than other harvested fat.
- The fat collected by Vaser liposuction is more of a puree in consistency and void of lumpiness. This is because Vaser liposuction melts the fat into a butter consistency that provides a smoother medium to use minimizing the risk of contour irregularities. Imagine whether a sculptor would prefer a smooth putty or one that has chunks and is non-uniform in consistency to make his sculpture. The same advantage is conveyed to your contouring surgeon when Vaser liposuction is used.
- Vaser liposuction allows for twice as much fat to be collected when compared to traditional liposuction techniques. Fat volumes removed are routinely twice as much as harvested by traditional techniques. This has a dramatic advantage for two subsets of patients. The first subset of patients who can take advantage of this includes those patients desiring maximum filling of the buttocks, often asking for a bubble butt. With VASER liposuction, Brazilian buttocks patients can expect routine butt fat transfer volumes of > 1000 cc per buttocks cheek. A more exciting advantage of Vaser liposuctions is the ability to offer thinner patients the ability to achieve successful Brazilian buttocks lift results. Patients are seen routinely at our center who have previously been told that they are a poor candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but they are counseled regarding increased harvest volumes of Vaser liposuction and guided to achieve beautiful BBL results. If you are athletic and/or lean, you can still be an excellent candidate for BBL!
- Vaser collected has been shown to have 96% survivability based on scientific studies conducted by one of the contouring physician experts, Peter Reuben M.D. What this means is that the fat being transferred into your buttocks has a higher chance of survivability when compared to other modalities. What this means for you is improved long-term BBL outcomes.
- The ability to perform closed-loop buttocks fat transfer is probably one the most important advantages of Vaser Lipo to Brazilian buttocks lift. Closed-loop transfer describes a superior system of fat extraction and subsequent injection back into the body that allows two advantages: a.) Elimination of fat exposure to the outside air as it remains in a sealed and sterile canister. This minimizes any risk of contamination and potential infection to the patient. b.) Minimizes the time the fat is out of the body. The allusion to consider is a fish out of water; the fish is literally suffocating once taken out of the water. A similar effect occurs in fat cells that have been removed from the body. We feel that the quicker the fat can be processed and returned back to the body, the higher the likelihood of it living. The closed loop system allows for routine transfer of 1000cc of fat per cheek in a matter of 5 to 10 minutes rather than hours! In order to take advantage of the closed loop system, it is necessary to have a fat medium that is fine and smooth so that it ensures its seamless delivery through the smaller gauged, sealed tubes. Unfortunately, the traditional fat medium is semisolid and clumpy and gets stuck in the currently available fat transfer tubes. In contrast, Vaser liposuction allows for automated fat removal, processing, and delivery back to the body via the closed-loop fat transfer system.
Why VASER Liposuction is the Ideal Method for Brazilian Butt Lifts
Brazilian butt lifts (BBLs) have become an increasingly popular cosmetic surgery procedure over the past decade. This surgery augments and shapes the buttocks by transferring fat from other areas of the body. One of the keys to getting optimal results from a BBL is using the best liposuction technology to harvest the donor fat. VASER liposuction has emerged as the gold standard liposuction method for fat harvesting in BBLs. In this cosmetic procedure, it is also feasible to add subdermal coagulation therapy of the fibroseptal network to counter any loose skin. Although ultrasound technology allows for ultrasound waves to melt the fat deposits prior to extraction, it has little effect on skin elasticity.
How VASER Liposuction Works
VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. It is a third-generation ultrasound-assisted liposuction technique that selectively breaks apart fat cells while preserving other tissues.
The VASER system uses ultrasonic energy targeted at fat cell membranes. This disrupts the fat cells, liquefying the fatty deposits while leaving blood vessels, nerves and other structures intact. The disrupted fat cells are then suctioned out.
Some of the key benefits of VASER lipo over older liposuction methods include:
- More precise targeting of fat cells
- Less damage to surrounding structures
- Improved skin retraction
- Reduced blood loss and bruising
- Faster healing process
Why VASER Lipo is Best for BBLs
VASER liposuction offers distinct advantages when harvesting fat for transfer to the buttocks during a BBL procedure:
1. Optimized Fat Cell Viability
The ultrasound energy gently breaks up fatty tissue in a way that preserves fat cell integrity. This means the suctioned fat contains healthy, viable fat cells ready for reimplantation. The fat retains its natural regenerative abilities.
Other lipo methods like laser or traditional suction can damage fat cell walls, lowering graft viability. The fat may not survive the transfer as well.
2. Better Fat Graft Quality
The VASER process results in a highly purified, usable fat extract. There is minimal contamination with oils, blood or other undesirable elements that could compromise graft take.
3. Precise Removal from Donor Areas
The surgeon can precisely target specific areas like the flanks, thighs, and stomach with VASER. This enables a highly customized fat harvesting approach tailored to each patient’s unique anatomy and aesthetic goals.
4. Smoother Results in Donor Areas
VASER lipo damages fat cells but leaves vital structures like blood vessels intact. This promotes good skin retraction and smooth results in the donor areas once the swelling resolves. There is less risk of contour irregularities or dimpling compared to other lipo methods.
5. Volume Retention in the Buttocks
Due to optimized fat cell integrity and purity, studies show transferred fat retains its volume better long-term when VASER liposuction is used for harvesting. Patients experience better, longer-lasting augmentation.
Additional Benefits of VASER Liposuction
Beyond its advantages for BBLs, VASER liposuction offers benefits as a body contouring treatment on its own:
- Ability to treat delicate areas like the neck, chest and back
- Minimally invasive procedure with local anesthesia
- Low complication rate
- Quick recovery time
Conclusion: Why is VASER liposuction provides an ideal Brazilian Buttock Lift Results
In summary, VASER liposuction is a cutting-edge fat removal technology that provides significant benefits for Brazilian butt lift surgery. Partnering with an experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in BBLs using VASER lipo can help ensure you get beautiful, natural-looking results from your procedure. Be sure to do your research when looking for a qualified provider so you appreciate why VASER liposuction provides ideal Brazilian Buttock LIft Results.